Friday, February 4, 2011

Colored Matting and more art work

The bold and the beautiful:



I love this large patterned wallpaper and the pictures with colored matting. A couple of weeks ago I picked up this little guy to go with my black chest. I was drawn to the brass frame and wide matting.


I liked the blue matting but decided to paint it black and replaced the picture with a cut out section from a large abstract. I've also considering replacing it with some leftover ikat fabric depending on where it finds a home. (I originally planned the chest for the foyer but it was too large. Now it's under the huge TV and there is not enough room for the picture - sad. Should we move the TV? Kidding.).



You can get the look of colored matting by purchasing pieces such as this from thrift stores and painting them or picking up your own colored matting from stores like Michael's. Your local frame shop can also make them for you or you can order them online to fit existing frames.

On an unrelated note, here is some ribbon that I picked up the other day from the fabric store. You'll be seeing them in later projects!
I love the white greek key.

I know I promised that I would have a framed picture to show you this week (see this post) but the frame hasn't come in yet so I'm picking it up next Thursday. In the mean time, I did finish this abstract:

I love it! These colors are fairly representative except the purple looks more blue in this image. Let me know what you think. I'll do a big post next Friday with my two new pieces in frames! They are for sale so please email me if you are interested.

Have a wonderful Super Bowl weekend!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment