Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Copy Cat Chic and a new painting on the way

Check out this post over at Copy Cat Chic yesterday. I think it's something that most of you might enjoy! One of her reader's found these wall sconces at Pottery Barn for $129-$239.

She found this romantic look alike for way less!

The Lakeside Collection Adjustable Wall Lamp for $19.95!


I think they would look great in almost any room. You could also paint the base and arc for a whimsical look in a baby room, office or bedroom.

Here's a glimpse of the first stage of a new painting (below). It's for my master bedroom to go over the bed. I did the under-painting with the same paint that is on the walls. I bet you didn't know that you could do that! It's a great way to get rid of that all white canvas. The paint goes on easier on top and I plan to leave a little of it peeking through to compliment the walls.

I'm also going to use this throw pillow from the bed as inspiration to bring in lots of greens, pinks, turquoise, browns, and white. I can't wait to get it done and on the wall!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment