Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reupholstery Project

This is an easy and quick project to bring a unique piece into your home. I found this little guy at the thrift store a few months ago. I loved the lines of it and was happy to take it home. I don't remember what I paid for it but it was definitely a steal.
The first step is to flip it over and remove the hardware and the seat.


Then give it a coat of paint. I spray painted it white and painted the little wooden handles/arms gray to match the trim in my guest bedroom.


Pick out any fun pattern that will coordinate with the other colors in your room and use a staple gun to secure the fabric to the back of the seat.
Finished product:

What do you think? I love this little chair and I'm excited to finally give you a glimpse of my home. I think the cheerful lattice pattern on the fabric coordinates nicely with the gray, yellow and white palette in this room.


PS - I took a lot of great pictures of our house and my artwork today. I will be working on setting up a proper tour and gallery for your viewing pleasure. Get pumped.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment