Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DECK!

Where has the time gone? We have a serious case of spring fever in our house and decided to tackle a number of projects all at once. We are in the process of a complete landscape overhaul. And when I say "we" I mean a landscaper was hired but that still left us with dozens of decisions to make and half a dozen meetings to finalize the official plan of action.

In the meantime, hubs and I got started on a deck that we designed about a year ago to replace the existing old and too small patio on the back of our house.

Progress:


Yes, I agree. That IS a big ass deck. We didn't even realize how large our plans were until we actually got started. Luckily, we have a huge yard that can easily handle a big deck; my patience on the other hand may not. I joke (kind of) but it is a lot more work, weekends and evenings than I ever anticipated. Good news is that the worst of it should be behind us and the flooring should go quickly now. Of course I made things difficult by picking out a pattern to lay the wood in opposed to just slapping the boards down. Oh well. We are having fun and can't wait to enjoy it; actually we started eating all of our meals outside as soon as we could fit a single rocker on the flooring. We love it already!

I have so many pictures that I promise to share soon. Wait until you see the before and after pictures of the front yard and back yard. We had all of the 50 year old plants removed (the good ones were transplanted in new locations); the concrete walkway was removed, moved and will be replaced with flagstone; beds were reshaped and new beds were added; trees, shrubs and lots of knock out roses are the finishing touches. Hopefully the landscaper will finish up by this weekend.

XOXO
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. great blog Jennifer - I can picture your deck totally decorated with your handiwork. Love the flower/herb boxes
    Regards -
    debby wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whats up with the update today? Is overhauling in your house done good so far?

    ReplyDelete